Latest version: 3.3 (changelog)
The global navigation bar is part of the Mayor's Office's initiative to establish the City's brand and establish a sense of uniformity for the public as they visit the City's various websites. As such, the bar should be included on all official City websites and should maintain a consistent appearance and height throughout.
- Chrome version 30 and newer
- Firefox version 24 and newer
- Internet Explorer version 10 and newer(Standard Browser Mode)
- Safari version 6 and newer
The navigation bar is section 508 compliant
Make sure to test your site throughly when including the navigation bar to your website. If you notice some elements of your website shifting the placement of those elements may offset in CSS or scripts based on the distance from the top of the webpage. Since the navigation bar is placed on the very top of the website, the offset needs to calculate for the existence of the bar which is 47 pixels high.
- v3.3 – Code cleanup.
- v3.2 – Enhancements made for Usability. Updates for reduction in link count, enhancement for on focus style and mobile labeling.
- v3.1 – Enhancements made for ADA, Accessibility and Usability. Addition of inline documentation for version.
- v3.0 – Endpoint change.
- v2.1 – Endpoint change.
- v2.0 – Remove the Citywide drop-down menu and search.
- v1.0 – Initial Release.
If you have any questions, send us an email at ITA.WebServices@lacity.org